sheet metal
Home | Library | Support | Forum Home Page

Go Back   The Sheet Metal Shop > TheSheetMetalShop > The Grill and Bar Forum

The Grill and Bar Forum We're not banging tin all the time. Share your favorite recipes with others.

Share This Forum!  

Old 05-07-2011, 06:52 PM
Professional Member

Default a quest for ribs

We recently watched a cooking show that showed a bunch of different different places that specialize in ribs and now we have the fever. Tried a couple of recipes so far and they've turned out not too bad. Does anyone, particularly you Southern gentlemen, have some pointers? We're limited to using the oven so no hickory smoke, unfortunately.

Bill
Old 05-08-2011, 12:58 AM
Professional Member

Gotta just go down south to try The Shed near La., Ms. and Barbecue pit, Barbecue Pig and so many others all over the place down here.
Most of them use a rub and sauce and some rubs have brown sugar in them, maybe vinegar of a certain type, Too many ways they do it. The better ones I have had have been slow cooked for overnight. Too many ways of doing them. Convection whether covered or allowed to circulate will give a different outcome. Just probably get a recipe that sounds good and experiment. You won't go wrong. Find a way to stack them off of their juices is what I do. I don't like fat on my baby back ribs.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:08 AM
Professional Member

Wink Oven

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmckane View Post
We recently watched a cooking show that showed a bunch of different different places that specialize in ribs and now we have the fever. Tried a couple of recipes so far and they've turned out not too bad. Does anyone, particularly you Southern gentlemen, have some pointers? We're limited to using the oven so no hickory smoke, unfortunately.

Bill
first of all cooking is NOT one of my fortays. But, if You are a Sheetmetal worker You sir are not "Limited" to the oven. Peace and i love me some good ribs dupree